New state of the art Estee Lauder counter at The Bay in Downtown Vancouver
Vancouver Urban Winery
Lifetime Collective S/S’13 Media Preview
Beautymark Holiday Shopping Event
Blanche Macdonald Student Fashion Show
My yummy tortilla soup. Check out the recipe below.
Jen’s Tortilla Soup:
- 2-3 (6 inch) corn tortillas (lightly toasted)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded, veins removed, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avacado
- 1 can of corn niblets (drained)
- 2 large potatoes (pre-cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes to ensure they are soft but not mushy…chop into large cubes)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- Add chopped onions into a hot pan with olive oil, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped jalapeno and cook for 2-3 minutes more, until the onion and jalapeno have softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and salt. Increase the heat and cook on high until the soup begins to boil. Then reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, potatoes, and corn. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the ingredients are cooked through.
- To serve…cut, peel, and cut the avocado into large cubes. Slice the toasted tortillas into strips. Ladle the soup into bowls of your choosing. Top with cheese, avocado, a dollop of sour cream, cilantro, and tortilla strips.
Serves: 4 Enjoy!