I know when it comes to what women want, men can be a little lost. I have had guys ask me for advice on things like date ideas, gift buying, how to dress for different occasions, lingerie shopping and so on. So, I’ve decided to include some articles to help out these guys by giving them a girls point of view. We’ll start with a question that came to me recently.
How do you buy lingerie for my Lady?
1) Do your homework. The best place to get started is at home. Do a little digging. Go though her lingerie drawer and see what her bra size is. There is a big difference between a 34C and a 40C. Also check what size panties she wears. I know you guys think you’re being kind to buy her a small when she really needs a large. No woman wants to have to try and squeeze in to something two sizes too small. Be sure to write all the info down, this will help the sales associate.
2) Go to a store you feel comfortable in and has a helpful sales staff. You may need to try a couple of places before you find a store that works for you. Then be sure to ask for assistance. Don’t try to dig through the racks on your own, you’ll get frustrated when you can’t find what you’re looking for right away.
3) Give the sizing info you brought to the sales girl. Then let her know what you’re looking for. Are you wanting to get her a bra and panty set? A chemise? Again, don’t be afraid to ask the sales girl to show you some different options. Try finding something in her favourite colour or a colour you see her wear a lot.
4) Biggest tip I can give you guys is, yes, buy her something you want to see her in, but also something you know she’ll feel beautiful in and not self conscious.
- If you know she’s self conscious about her tummy, try getting her something that loosely covers that area. Try a babydoll for her. Quite often they come with a matching panty.
- If she has a more boyish figure (usually quite slim over all and thicker through the middle with small hips and bum), try getting her a slip/chemise. Girls with this body type usually have great legs, so let her show them off.
But really, this gal can wear almost anything.
- If she is smaller on the top and bigger on the bottom, buy her something to give her a little more POW! in the bust area. A bustier and panty is a great set for this gal. The bustier will maximize her cleavage.
If your gal has more of an hourglass figure (full bust, small waist, ample tush and hips), she is another lucky one who can wear almost anything. A cami and panty set is always sexy.
When in doubt, get her a matching bra and panty set. As long as you know her size this is a fail safe plan that works for any body type. Want to add a little extra spice? Add a matching garter belt!
Another great item to get your lady, is a kimono robe. As sexy as it in in the movies for her to slip on her man’s shirt after a little roll in the hay, the truth is we ladies don’t really want to put on your dirty work shirt you’ve been sweating in all day. Sorry guys.
So, there you have it for the first Guys Guide. Leave your suggestion in the comments for future Guys Guide topics.
Like what you saw? All lingerie featured in this article can be found at La Senza.