Me and my fellow Style Common chicks have put together a fun photo-shoot with date night inspiration in mind.
Whether it’s a date night with my husband or a night out with my girlfriends, I like to keep a feminine quality to my outfit without being too girly. At least girly in a cutesy way. I like to play up my curves and emphasize all my best bits. For my date night look I chose this soft and flowy multi-coloured skirt and paired it with a tee instead of a blouse to keep my outfit more playful. The black leather belt emphasizes my smaller waist and helps me show off an hourglass silhouette. Since I already have a lot going on with pattern on pattern, I opted to keep my jewelry simple with a pair of sparkly studs and chunky chain necklace. My bold sexy lip colour is a must for a perfect pout while my high heeled ankle boots give my gams some extra length.
My 5 Style Tips for Curvy Gals:
1) Don’t be afraid of colour. Curvy girls often retreat to slimming black. Colour can flatter your shape too, just make sure you have a good fit.
2) Emphasize your teeny bits. Whether it’s your waist, wrists, arms, or legs, show em off!
3) Add a belt to define your shape. Belts are amazing! I throw one on with most of my outfits. It not only defines my waist (one of my small bits), it also finishes my look.
4) Whether you’re wearing a pair of jeans or a cute dress, add some heels to your outfit. They will instantly make you feel sexy.
5) Be sure to wear a fuss free outfit. There is nothing worse than an outfit you’re constantly tugging and pulling at. Make sure it fits you well and you feel amazing in it. When you’re getting ready try walking around your house in the outfit as well as sit and bend in it. If you can’t move well in it, it’s not the outfit for you. Confidence is the best accessory you got, so work it!
Top: Maison Scotch
Skirt: Kenneth Cole
Shoes: Betsey Johnson
Necklace: Forever 21
Top, skirt, and belt are all from local Vancouver boutique The Urban Rack
on West 4th Ave.
To get more date night style tips from the rest of The Style Common crew be sure to check out our facebook page and the other members blog posts. More bright looks from Alicia of Alicia Fashionista, Alex of To Vogue or Bust, and Jen of Her Waise Choice.
Happy Friday! xo
Photos by: FM Photographics