1) Konifer wood watch (c/o) : A very cool Canadian brand of watches all made of wood. This oversized one is a beauty.
2) I Wear the Headdress head wraps: Hot days mean keeping my hair up and back.
3) my Mansur Gavriel bucket bag + clutch : Nothing new, but love bring out some old faves after a while.
4) little gold rings
5) Fall fashion mags : Not really doing my usual Fall wardrobe planning. With a big baby bump to dress, I’ll just be doing the best I can.
6) Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum (c/o): My new go-to to help battle my tired eyes. It’s youth in a bottle.
When it comes to a Summer time getaway, nothing beats a good old family road trip. We were fortunate enough to have a beauty of a car, courtesy of Ford, for our week away. For this little getaway we took our 2016 Ford Edge to Penticton, BC. Being surrounded by lush vineyards and a gorgeous lake, had us feeling like we were far from home even though it was only about a 4 hour drive. So perfect for when you are traveling with little ones.
Most days were spent on a little adventure like floating down the cannal or hitting up the farmers market. We spent our evenings going for ice cream, having BBQ’s, and taking in outdoor concerts. No day was complete without a walk along the beach. It was the perfect little escape from day to day life.
We rented the cutest little house through AirBnB. It was great to have a big yard and a huge garden that we were able to pick fresh veggies from for dinner. We were only a 5 minute drive to the beach and main town area. Our Ford was perfect for keeping our phones charged, rocking out to satellite radio, and getting us around in comfort. Maddie called it our special car. The best was power outlets in the trunk of the car. We plugged in our air pump so we could blow up our giant floating “Party Island” to float down the cannal in. That was Maddie’s favourite adventure. It took us almost two hours to float on down and when we finished she said, ” I want to do it again!” She fell asleep shortly after that.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a video with you. This trip seemed like the perfect opportunity to record some memories. I hope you enjoy!
Accessories are the perfect place to add a pop of colour to your wardrobe. Canadian made label, Foxy Originals, offers up some fun and affordable pieces that will make any wardrobe a bit playful. They even have a collection out currently at The Bay for the Olympics. A great way to show your Canadian pride!
I have teamed up the lovely ladies of Foxy Originals to giveaway one of these beautiful Tiffany Pratt Heart Tickler Bangles. Adorned with a heart charm, bell, and turquoise tassel, it makes the perfect Summer accessory.
WIN! Foxy Originals Heart Tickler Bracelet. This giveaway is open to residents of Canada and the USA only. Good luck!
CONGRATULATIONS to Linda Kapasky! You are the lucky winner! I will send an email your way. Thanks to all who entered.
I am so excited to announce that we are expecting Baby #2 AND Baby #3 at the end of this year. In case the math didn’t quite add up for you…I am pregnant with twins! We are so incredibly excited for our family to grow. Yes, it was a big surprise and yes it took a while for it to sink in. It still feels surreal at times. I am currently 17 and a half weeks along. I’m happy to be coming out of hiding…lol!…and ready to be proudly bumping now.
Summer arrived a little late here in Vancouver, but it’s now here and it’s hot! I’m a sucker for all things bright and cheery in the hot weather. To celebrate Summer in this glorious city, I thought I would share some of my Summer essentials.
1) My phone…obviously. I used to carry my big camera with me everywhere but find with a toddler in tow, my phone is just way easier.
2) A hat. On Tuesday I went for a big walk with my mother-in-law and Maddie. We stopped for smoothies and of course had ample play time at the water park. My mom wardrobe that day was all worked around wearing this hat. I picked it up the last time we were in Maui.
3) My prescription sunnies. I have been wearing these non-stop since I got them. They are from the Clearly Contacts Camilla d’Errico collection.
4) My hair goes up and back a lot when it’s hot. If I’m not wearing a hat, you will probably find me in one of my I Wear The Headdress turban hair wraps. This yellow is everything!
5) My Swell bottle goes everywhere with me. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
6) Sun protection is so important, but I like to use natural options. I just started using this one from Boo Bamboo Suncare. It is available at Whole Foods and also comes in one for your kids.
7) Picnics, time at the beach, or just relaxing at the park are all the best parts of Summer. This gorgeous Everyday Family Blanket from Sunday Dry Goods is a must for all families or for those who’d like someone to curl up with them at the beach. They are a local Vancouver company too! Trust me you want to get your hands on one of their Turkish towels.
8 ) Fresh bright blooms in my house are the perfect way to bring a bit of the outdoors in. I often snip a rose or two from my garden, but sometimes I like to swing by my fave local florist, Tala Florist, for something different.
Hello! I'm a girl who's traveled, modeled, worked as a buyer, and am now blogging my heart out! I hope to inspire other like minded gals to love who they are and shop for all things lovely. Thanks for coming by to say hello.